Overview| INTRODUCTION Situated in the picturesque village of Windermere this ground floor apartment offers two double bedrooms, good sized 'L' shaped living/dining area, modern kitchen and three piece bathroom suite. The property offers plenty of storage space, an easy to maintain, fully enclosed rear garden with single up and over garage for further storage. Sorry No Smokers. Pets Considered.
ENTRANCE HALL Entered through a PVC door with opaque glazed inserts, two ceiling lights, overhead cupboard, storage cupboard offering shelving and coat space and radiator.
OPEN PLAN LOUNGE/DINER 16' 07" x 25' 04" (5.05m x 7.72m) widest points 'L' shaped room with space for a good sized table and chairs and comfortable living area. Three ceiling lights, UPVC double glazed windows to the rear and PVC patio doors giving access to the easy to maintain garden. Four radiators and plenty of natural light.
KITCHEN 11' 04" x 7' 10" (3.45m x 2.39m) Fitted with a range of base, wall and drawer units with worktop over incorporating one and a half bowl stainless steel sink and drainer with mixer tap, oven and hob with cooker hood over. Tiled splashbacks, radiator and moveable spot lights to ceiling. Space for upright fridge/freezer and washer/dryer. UPVC double glazed window to the rear. Two cupboards offering pantry space, boiler and shelving.
BEDROOM 11' 11" x 11' 10" (3.63m x 3.61m) Double room, radiator, UPVC double glazed window to the front and ceiling light.
BEDROOM 11' 11" x 9' 11" (3.63m x 3.02m) Further double room accessed from the hallway, radiator, UPVC double glazed window to front and ceiling light.
BATHROOM 5' 10" x 7' 10" (1.78m x 2.39m) widest point Three piece suite comprising of panelled bath with Mira shower over, shower screen, pedestal wash hand basin and low level WC. Fully tiled, radiator, central ceiling light and UPVC, opaque double glazed window to the side. Airing cupboard with shelving and radiator.
OUTSIDE To the rear of the property is an easy to maintain garden, mainly laid with slate stone chippings and two patio area's. Fully enclosed. Access is allowed by the neighbours across the bottom of the garden for use of the public footpath.
Single Garage with up and over door, suitable for storage.
GENERAL INFORMATION Mains Services: Water, Gas, Electric and Drainage.
Council Tax Band: D
EPC Grading: C
Applying for a tenancy
Should you wish to apply for a tenancy, you should contact our Lettings Team for an application pack.
We recommend that all applicants read the Government's 'How to Rent' Guide - available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-rent
In order to secure a property whilst the application procedure is completed, a Holding Deposit equal to 1 week's rent will be payable. This is calculated by monthly rent x 12 ÷ 52 and is payable to Milne Moser Property Limited.
Once the Holding Deposit is paid, the landlord and the tenant are expected to enter into the tenancy agreement within 15 calendar days. This date is called the Deadline for Agreement. The landlord and the tenant can agree to extend this date.
If an applicant fails referencing, the Holding Deposit will be paid to the applicant within 7 calendar days, save where:
1. If the applicant fails a Right to Rent check regardless of when the Holding Deposit was accepted;
2. If the applicant provides false or misleading information to Milne Moser Property Limited, or the landlord, which the landlord is reasonably entitled to consider in deciding whether to grant the tenancy because this materially affects their suitability to rent the property;
3. If the applicant notifies Milne Moser Property Limited or the landlord before the Deadline for Agreement that they have decided not to enter into the tenancy agreement;
4. If the tenant fails to take all reasonable steps to enter into a tenancy agreement;
5. If the tenant seeks to change the tenancy agreement after it has been signed, and the landlord refuses to make that change.
In which case, the Holding Deposit will be forfeit, and retained by Milne Moser Property Limited, on behalf of the landlord. A written explanation of why the Holding Deposit has been retained will be provided to the applicant within 7 calendar days of the decision being made.
A Security Deposit equal to 5 weeks' rent will be payable to Milne Moser Property Limited, if the applicant successfully completes the referencing process.
Any money held by Milne Moser Property Limited as a Holding Deposit will be used towards payment of the Security Deposit.
The Security Deposit will be registered with the Deposit Protection Scheme within 30 days of the tenancy being signed and will be repaid to the Tenant at the end of the tenancy, subject to the property being left in a satisfactory condition/deduction of any contractual expenses.
Rent will be payable on the first day of the tenancy agreement and will be payable monthly, thereafter.
Properties are let on a fixed term Assured Shortly Tenancy, for a minimum term of 6 months. It is not possible to terminate the tenancy within this period and the tenant will be responsible for payment of the rent for the whole of the fixed term.
The tenant will also be responsible for all utility charges during the full term of the tenancy, including gas, electricity, oil, water and drainage, telephone and Council Tax. Charges for any other services connected to the property will also be payable by the tenant.
The landlord will be responsible for insuring the building. The tenant will be responsible for insuring their own possessions for the full term of the tenancy.
In some circumstances, a Permitted Payment may be payable to Milne Moser Property Limited. These include:
- If the tenant requests a change to the tenancy agreement and the landlord agrees e.g. the keeping of a pet mid-tenancy/change of sharer - £50 (inc. VAT);
- If rent is more than 14 days late, interest will be charged at 3% over the base rate of the Bank of England;
- Default fees for lost keys or other security devices (including locks). Where locks need to be replaced and locksmiths need to be called, tenants will be charged for replacement locks, locksmiths' fees and keys where necessary.
- In exceptional circumstances (such as an emergency) Milne Moser Property Limited may charge £15 per hour for time in dealing with the problem.
- Surrender of the tenancy mid-term - payment will cover the landlord's expenses in reletting the property, all rent outstanding until a new tenant is found (up to the maximum payable under the tenancy agreement)
HOW IS INTEREST CALCULATED ON RENT ARREARS?
Interest will be charged on the total amount outstanding, on a daily basis.
£500 in arrears are outstanding for 30 days.
The current Bank of England base rate is 0.1%.
Interest rate applied: 3% + 0.1% = 3.1%
£500 x 0.031 = £15.50
£15.50 ÷ 365 = £0.0425
4.25p x 30 days outstanding = £1.28