Overview| INTRODUCTION Close to the town centre and in a quieter location away from Highgate this one bedroom flat is neutrally decorated and has pleasant views at the side. The bedroom is a generous double and there is a modern shower room, lounge with French doors and a kitchen diner. Gas central heating system and double glazed. Sorry No Local Housing Allowance, No Pets and No Smokers.
Approaching over the yard from Highgate, each property has their own front door accessed from the yard.
KITCHEN/DINER 17' 4" x 10' 9" (5.28m x 3.28m) max Double glazed window facing the front aspect. Generous room with ample space for a dining table. Two ceiling lights, telephone point and radiator. Wall mounted Worcester boiler. Fitted with a range of cream shaker style base, wall and drawer units with speckled marble effect worktops and tiled splashbacks. One and a half bowl sink with drainer, gas hob with canopy over, electric oven, washing machine and space for fridge.
LOUNGE 12' 5" x 9' 2" (3.78m x 2.79m) Double glazed window facing the front aspect with pleasant outlook over Dowkers Lane. Glazed double French doors, radiator, ceiling light and television aerial point. Floor mounted gas fire set to a marble plinth.
INNER HALL Leading to the bedroom and shower room.
BEDROOM 11' 2" x 8' 1" (3.4m x 2.46m) plus door recess Double glazed window facing the side aspect. Radiator and ceiling light.
SHOWER ROOM Fully tiled, the shower room has a larger cubicle with sliding doors, WC and pedestal wash hand basin. Ceiling light, extractor, radiator and wall cabinet.
GENERAL INFORMATION Mains Services: Water, Gas, Electric and Drainage
Council Tax Band: A
EPC Grading: C
Applying for a tenancy
Should you wish to apply for a tenancy, you should contact our Lettings Team for an application pack.
We recommend that all applicants read the Government's 'How to Rent' Guide - available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-rent
In order to secure a property whilst the application procedure is completed, a Holding Deposit equal to 1 week's rent will be payable. This is calculated by monthly rent x 12 ÷ 52 and is payable to Milne Moser Property Limited.
Once the Holding Deposit is paid, the landlord and the tenant are expected to enter into the tenancy agreement within 15 calendar days. This date is called the Deadline for Agreement. The landlord and the tenant can agree to extend this date.
If an applicant fails referencing, the Holding Deposit will be paid to the applicant within 7 calendar days, save where:
1. If the applicant fails a Right to Rent check regardless of when the Holding Deposit was accepted;
2. If the applicant provides false or misleading information to Milne Moser Property Limited, or the landlord, which the landlord is reasonably entitled to consider in deciding whether to grant the tenancy because this materially affects their suitability to rent the property;
3. If the applicant notifies Milne Moser Property Limited or the landlord before the Deadline for Agreement that they have decided not to enter into the tenancy agreement;
4. If the tenant fails to take all reasonable steps to enter into a tenancy agreement;
5. If the tenant seeks to change the tenancy agreement after it has been signed, and the landlord refuses to make that change.
in which case, the Holding Deposit will be forfeit, and retained by Milne Moser Property Limited, on behalf of the landlord. A written explanation of why the Holding Deposit has been retained will be provided to the applicant within 7 calendar days of the decision being made.
A Security Deposit equal to 5 weeks' rent will be payable to Milne Moser Property Limited, if the applicant successfully completes the referencing process.
Any money held by Milne Moser Property Limited as a Holding Deposit will be used towards payment of the Security Deposit.
The Security Deposit will be registered with the Deposit Protection Scheme within 30 days of the tenancy being signed and will be repaid to the Tenant at the end of the tenancy, subject to the property being left in a satisfactory condition/deduction of any contractual expenses.
Rent will be payable on the first day of the tenancy agreement and will be payable monthly, thereafter.
Properties are let on a fixed term Assured Shortly Tenancy, for a minimum term of 6 months. It is not possible to terminate the tenancy within this period and the tenant will be responsible for payment of the rent for the whole of the fixed term.
The tenant will also be responsible for all utility charges during the full term of the tenancy, including gas, electricity, oil, water and drainage, telephone and Council Tax. Charges for any other services connected to the property will also be payable by the tenant.
The landlord will be responsible for insuring the building. The tenant will be responsible for insuring their own possessions for the full term of the tenancy.
In some circumstances, a Permitted Payment may be payable to Milne Moser Property Limited. These include:
- If the tenant requests a change to the tenancy agreement and the landlord agrees e.g. the keeping of a pet mid-tenancy/change of sharer - £50 (inc. VAT);
- If rent is more than 14 days late, interest will be charged at 3% over the base rate of the Bank of England;
- Default fees for lost keys or other security devices (including locks). Where locks need to be replaced and locksmiths need to be called, tenants will be charged for replacement locks, locksmiths' fees and keys where necessary.
- In exceptional circumstances (such as an emergency) Milne Moser Property Limited may charge £15 per hour for time in dealing with the problem.
- Surrender of the tenancy mid-term - payment will cover the landlord's expenses in reletting the property, all rent outstanding until a new tenant is found (up to the maximum payable under the tenancy agreement)
How is interest calculated on rent arrears?
Interest will be charged on the total amount outstanding, on a daily basis.
£500 in arrears are outstanding for 30 days.
The current Bank of England base rate is 0.75%.
Interest rate applied: 3% + 0.755% = 3.75%
£500 x 0.0375 = £18.75
£18.75 ÷ 365 = £0.051
5.1p x 30 days outstanding = £1.54