Overview| INTRODUCTION Centrally located in the popular village of Holme, this two bedroom cottage has accommodation over two floors and an enclosed patio at the rear. The ground floor has an open plan lounge kitchen with a dining space and there are two bedrooms and a shower to the first floor. Gas centrally heated and double glazed, the property is available immediately. Sorry No Local Housing Allowance, No Smokers and Pets Considered.
Double glazed frosted door leading into the entrance hall.
ENTRANCE HALL Stairs lead to the first floor and ceiling light.
LOUNGE/DINER/KITCHEN 21' 1"/8' 6" x 12' 3"/10' (6.43m/2.59m x 3.73m/3.05m) UPVC double glazed window facing the front aspect to the lounge area. Wooden fire surround with marble style inset and gas fire. Two ceiling lights, under stairs cupboard and telephone point. Kitchen area fitted with oak fronted base, wall and drawer units with co ordinating worktops and tiled splashbacks. Sink with drainer, electric hob with canopy over and electric oven, space for fridge freezer. Plumbing for washing machine, radiator and further ceiling light. Door leading to the rear passage and out to the patio.
LANDING Access to the loft and ceiling light.
BEDROOM 12' 2" x 11' 5" (3.71m x 3.48m) max UPVC double glazed window facing the front aspect. Built in cupboard over the stairs housing the Worcester boiler. Ceiling light and radiator.
BEDROOM 9' 5" x 6' 11" (2.87m x 2.11m) Velux roof light, ceiling light and radiator. Useful built in alcove shelving.
SHOWER ROOM Fitted with a three piece suite comprising of shower cubicle, pedestal wash hand basin and WC. Vanity light with shaver point, vertical radiator and ceiling light. Tiling to the walls and extractor.
EXTERNAL At the rear of the property is an enclosed patio yard with space for sitting out and room to store recycling and bins. Access with bins to the front of the property is via a shared ginnel at the side.
GENERAL INFORMATION Mains Services: Water, Gas, Electric and Drainage
Council Tax Band: B
EPC Grading: C
Applying for a tenancy
Should you wish to apply for a tenancy, you should contact our Lettings Team for an application pack.
We recommend that all applicants read the Government's 'How to Rent' Guide - available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-rent
In order to secure a property whilst the application procedure is completed, a Holding Deposit equal to 1 week's rent will be payable. This is calculated by monthly rent x 12 ÷ 52 and is payable to Milne Moser Property Limited.
Once the Holding Deposit is paid, the landlord and the tenant are expected to enter into the tenancy agreement within 15 calendar days. This date is called the Deadline for Agreement. The landlord and the tenant can agree to extend this date.
If an applicant fails referencing, the Holding Deposit will be paid to the applicant within 7 calendar days, save where:
1. If the applicant fails a Right to Rent check regardless of when the Holding Deposit was accepted;
2. If the applicant provides false or misleading information to Milne Moser Property Limited, or the landlord, which the landlord is reasonably entitled to consider in deciding whether to grant the tenancy because this materially affects their suitability to rent the property;
3. If the applicant notifies Milne Moser Property Limited or the landlord before the Deadline for Agreement that they have decided not to enter into the tenancy agreement;
4. If the tenant fails to take all reasonable steps to enter into a tenancy agreement;
5. If the tenant seeks to change the tenancy agreement after it has been signed, and the landlord refuses to make that change.
In which case, the Holding Deposit will be forfeit, and retained by Milne Moser Property Limited, on behalf of the landlord. A written explanation of why the Holding Deposit has been retained will be provided to the applicant within 7 calendar days of the decision being made.
A Security Deposit equal to 5 weeks' rent will be payable to Milne Moser Property Limited, if the applicant successfully completes the referencing process.
Any money held by Milne Moser Property Limited as a Holding Deposit will be used towards payment of the Security Deposit.
The Security Deposit will be registered with the Deposit Protection Scheme within 30 days of the tenancy being signed and will be repaid to the Tenant at the end of the tenancy, subject to the property being left in a satisfactory condition/deduction of any contractual expenses.
Rent will be payable on the first day of the tenancy agreement and will be payable monthly, thereafter.
Properties are let on a fixed term Assured Shortly Tenancy, for a minimum term of 6 months. It is not possible to terminate the tenancy within this period and the tenant will be responsible for payment of the rent for the whole of the fixed term.
The tenant will also be responsible for all utility charges during the full term of the tenancy, including gas, electricity, oil, water and drainage, telephone and Council Tax. Charges for any other services connected to the property will also be payable by the tenant.
The landlord will be responsible for insuring the building. The tenant will be responsible for insuring their own possessions for the full term of the tenancy.
In some circumstances, a Permitted Payment may be payable to Milne Moser Property Limited. These include:
- If the tenant requests a change to the tenancy agreement and the landlord agrees e.g. the keeping of a pet mid-tenancy/change of sharer - £50 (inc. VAT);
- If rent is more than 14 days late, interest will be charged at 3% over the base rate of the Bank of England;
- Default fees for lost keys or other security devices (including locks). Where locks need to be replaced and locksmiths need to be called, tenants will be charged for replacement locks, locksmiths' fees and keys where necessary.
- In exceptional circumstances (such as an emergency) Milne Moser Property Limited may charge £15 per hour for time in dealing with the problem.
- Surrender of the tenancy mid-term - payment will cover the landlord's expenses in reletting the property, all rent outstanding until a new tenant is found (up to the maximum payable under the tenancy agreement)
How is interest calculated on rent arrears?
Interest will be charged on the total amount outstanding, on a daily basis.
£500 in arrears are outstanding for 30 days.
The current Bank of England base rate is 0.75%. #Interest rate applied: 3% + 0.755% = 3.75%
£500 x 0.0375 = £18.75
£18.75 ÷ 365 = £0.051
5.1p x 30 days outstanding = £1.54