Overview| INTRODUCTION Two bedroom apartment with some unexpected features. Exposed beams and high ceilings are in each room, giving the property a sense of space and light and, from the lounge area, is a balcony with outstanding views over Kendal. Modern bathroom and an ensuite shower room and the kitchen has integrated appliances. Close to the town centre with amenities, entertainment and supermarkets on the doorstep. Sorry No Local Housing Allowance, No Smokers & No Pets.
Double doors leading from Highgate into a communal hallway. Private postboxes for each property and further secure inner door leading to the stairwell. The stairs run through the building with an exposed stone wall and period style bannister. Private wooden door leading into:
ENTRANCE HALL Extends to 28' (8.53m) Impressive entrance to the apartment with exposed beams and high ceiling. Velux rooflight and three wall lights. Wall mounted secure entry phone, telephone point and two radiators.
OPEN PLAN LOUNGE DINING KITCHEN 19' 0" x 12' 9" (5.79m x 3.89m) Double height room with exposed beams. French doors lead to a balcony with open views over Kendal towards the castle and fells beyond. Further double glazed window facing the side aspect. Two radiators, three ceiling lights and telephone and television aerial points. Kitchen area is fitted with pale oak style base, wall and drawer units with dark worktops over, tiled splashbacks and under unit lighting. Integrated dishwasher, washing machine, gas hob with canopy over and electric oven. Fridge and freezer. Cupboard with Vaillant boiler.
BEDROOM 9' 2" x 8' 11" (2.79m x 2.72m) Double glazed window facing the side aspect. Radiator, ceiling light, telephone point and television aerial point.
ENSUITE Fully tiled with larger shower cubicle, pedestal wash hand basin and WC. Radiator, downlights, extractor and vanity light with shaver point.
BEDROOM 8' 11" x 6' 10" (2.72m x 2.08m) Double glazed window facing the side elevation. Radiator and ceiling light.
BATHROOM Frosted double glazed window to the side. Bath with shower over and glass screen, pedestal wash hand basin and WC. Ceiling light and downlight, radiator and extractor. Tiling to walls and vanity light with shaver point.
GENERAL INFORMATION Mains Services: Water, Gas, Electric and Drainage
Council Tax Band: B
EPC Grading: D
Applying for a tenancy
Should you wish to apply for a tenancy, you should contact our Lettings Team for an application pack.
We recommend that all applicants read the Government's 'How to Rent' Guide - available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-rent
In order to secure a property whilst the application procedure is completed, a Holding Deposit equal to 1 week's rent will be payable. This is calculated by monthly rent x 12 ÷ 52 and is payable to Milne Moser Property Limited.
Once the Holding Deposit is paid, the landlord and the tenant are expected to enter into the tenancy agreement within 15 calendar days. This date is called the Deadline for Agreement. The landlord and the tenant can agree to extend this date.
If an applicant fails referencing, the Holding Deposit will be paid to the applicant within 7 calendar days, save where:
1. If the applicant fails a Right to Rent check regardless of when the Holding Deposit was accepted;
2. If the applicant provides false or misleading information to Milne Moser Property Limited, or the landlord, which the landlord is reasonably entitled to consider in deciding whether to grant the tenancy because this materially affects their suitability to rent the property;
3. If the applicant notifies Milne Moser Property Limited or the landlord before the Deadline for Agreement that they have decided not to enter into the tenancy agreement;
4. If the tenant fails to take all reasonable steps to enter into a tenancy agreement;
5. If the tenant seeks to change the tenancy agreement after it has been signed, and the landlord refuses to make that change.
in which case, the Holding Deposit will be forfeit, and retained by Milne Moser Property Limited, on behalf of the landlord. A written explanation of why the Holding Deposit has been retained will be provided to the applicant within 7 calendar days of the decision being made.
A Security Deposit equal to 5 weeks' rent will be payable to Milne Moser Property Limited, if the applicant successfully completes the referencing process.
Any money held by Milne Moser Property Limited as a Holding Deposit will be used towards payment of the Security Deposit.
The Security Deposit will be registered with the Deposit Protection Scheme within 30 days of the tenancy being signed and will be repaid to the Tenant at the end of the tenancy, subject to the property being left in a satisfactory condition/deduction of any contractual expenses.
Rent will be payable on the first day of the tenancy agreement and will be payable monthly, thereafter.
Properties are let on a fixed term Assured Shortly Tenancy, for a minimum term of 6 months. It is not possible to terminate the tenancy within this period and the tenant will be responsible for payment of the rent for the whole of the fixed term.
The tenant will also be responsible for all utility charges during the full term of the tenancy, including gas, electricity, oil, water and drainage, telephone and Council Tax. Charges for any other services connected to the property will also be payable by the tenant.
The landlord will be responsible for insuring the building. The tenant will be responsible for insuring their own possessions for the full term of the tenancy.
In some circumstances, a Permitted Payment may be payable to Milne Moser Property Limited. These include:
- If the tenant requests a change to the tenancy agreement and the landlord agrees e.g. the keeping of a pet mid-tenancy/change of sharer - £50 (inc. VAT);
- If rent is more than 14 days late, interest will be charged at 3% over the base rate of the Bank of England;
- Default fees for lost keys or other security devices (including locks). Where locks need to be replaced and locksmiths need to be called, tenants will be charged for replacement locks, locksmiths' fees and keys where necessary.
- In exceptional circumstances (such as an emergency) Milne Moser Property Limited may charge £15 per hour for time in dealing with the problem.
- Surrender of the tenancy mid-term - payment will cover the landlord's expenses in reletting the property, all rent outstanding until a new tenant is found (up to the maximum payable under the tenancy agreement)
How is interest calculated on rent arrears?
Interest will be charged on the total amount outstanding, on a daily basis.
£500 in arrears are outstanding for 30 days.
The current Bank of England base rate is 0.75%.
Interest rate applied: 3% + 0.755% = 3.75%
£500 x 0.0375 = £18.75
£18.75 ÷ 365 = £0.051
5.1p x 30 days outstanding = £1.54